Gudai-Darri Rail Spur South
Principal: Rio Tinto
Location: Pilbara, Western Australia
Survey Dynamics have been contracted to provide survey services to complete works on the southern end of the Rio Tinto Gudai-Darri rail link. Works commenced in August 2019 and project completion is expected in the later half of 2021. The project includes the following works:
- 70km of rail including train loadout, ballast spur and signal pads.
- Establishment of a crossing at Roy Hill-Munjina Road including all associated diversions.
- A 40km mine access road from Great Northern Highway to Gudai-Darri Airport.
- Approx. 20 km of Rail access roads.
- 3 light vehicle, pedestrian and fauna underpasses.
Survey services on site include:
- Environmental surveys – ensuring minimal land disturbance where possible.
- UAV flight data to present the client with stripped surface, topsoil volumes, progress reports and photogrammetry.
- Creating control networks used by both surveyors and final trim operators to achieve optimal results of the earthworks.
- Monthly quantity surveys and process reports
- Final quantity calculations.
- Providing Action Drill and Blast with blast patterns and quantities for each blast layer.
- Machine guidance installs, setups and design files
- Temp works designs, borrow pits, ramps, proposed design changes etc.