Principal: Rio Tinto
Location: Pilbara, Western Australia
Survey Dynamics has been contracted as the preferred surveyor for construction of the Rio Tinto Gudai-Darri Solar farm project. The project will see the installation of 11,000 piles, 81,000 solar panels, 12 inverters, a 33KV substation, Storage sheds, Weather stations and multiple other structures. This will in return produce 35MW to facilitate power to Rio Tinto’s newly constructed Gudai-Darri mine.
Survey Dynamics plays a pivotal role in the “Design and Construct” project, ensuring construction of the Solar Farm and structures conforms to the design and manufacturers standards. The Scope of works include.
- Installation of control and GPS network
- Setting out of concrete pedestals and cast in bolts to accommodate module installations of Substation and inverters
- Setting out for a complex trenching network which will host over 169Km of electrical and communication cable
- Provide a weekly as constructed report on all services installed
- As constructed reporting on all structure’s pre-pours and post-pours
- Check and Produce conformance report on installation of Piers and subcontractor works
- Assistance and advice on design and placement of structures and services.
- On site material volume reporting